E1. Sexual Assault among High School and College Students: A Comparative Perspective on New Findings and Unanswered Questions
Organization: The Sexual Health Initiative to Foster Transformation (SHIFT) & the Weatherhead East Asian Institute, Columbia University; Partnership for Action on Health Equity
Researchers will present new work on sexual assault among high school and college students and discuss the strengths of different methodological approaches. They will explore the challenges of doing work on this emerging field of inquiry, including measurement challenges, working with diverse stakeholders and drawing on best practices in terms of effective prevention. Presenters will share findings from a mixed methods study of sexual assault among undergraduates in New York City, a recent national survey on sexual assault of high school girls in Thailand; and an exploratory study on sexual harassment among college students in Vietnam.
Time: 12:00-13:30 - 30/11/2017
1. Khuat Thu Hong -Director, Institute for Social Development Studies (ISDS)
2. Hoang Tu Anh, MD, MSc -Deputy Director, CCIHP, PhD Candidate, University of Amsterdam
1. Thomas Guadamuz, PhD - Assistant Professor of Medical and Health Social Sciences, Deputy Head, Center for Health Policy Studies, Mahidol University, Thailand
2. Jennifer S. Hirsch, PhD - Co-Principal Investigator, Sexual Health Initiative to Foster Transformation (SHIFT) and Columbia Vietnam Social Science Training and Research (STAR) Partnership;
3. Le Hoang Minh Son - Youth Program Coordinator, Center for Creative Initiatives in Health and Population (CCIHP);
4. Le Huong Giang - Research Assistant, CCIHP;
5. Ian Bromage, MA, Msc - Capacity Development Advisor, CCIHP
6. John S. Santelli, MD, MPH - Co-investigator, Sexual Health Initiative to Foster Transformation; Professor, Population and Family Health and Pediatrics, Columbia University.